Sat, Mar 11|
Mushroom Growing - 2 Day Workshop, March
Develop mushroom cultivation skills during the in-class coaching.
Time & Location
Mar 11, 8:30 AM – Mar 12, 5:00 PM
Denver, W Temple Pl, Denver, CO 80236, USA
About the event
Spore-to-store lectures paired with live demonstrations followed by guided practice of every cultivation procedure.
Each student will have their own workstation, complete with all tools, using a still air box and a laminar flow hood.
Instructors will observe each student and make personalized corrections to their procedures.
o Pour plates,
o Do agar transfers,
o Do spore inoculations.
o Make growing substrates
o Inoculate substrates
o Take home all materials (LINK)
No previous experience or knowledge is needed but this is a class that even experienced growers can benefit from.
Students will be asked to use controlled hand and arm movements.
MORE DETAILS HERE:
Saturday - prep day
9am-12pm Introduction to PFtek, agar, and liquid culture preparation
12pm-1pm lunch order takeout or bring your own food
1pm-5pm grain spawn and bulk substrate preparation
Sunday - inoculation day
9am- 12pm Agar techniques and shortcut techniques
12pm -1pm lunch - order takeout or bring your own food
1pm-5pm substrate inoculations and fruiting techniques. fruiting parameters and fruiting chambers.
- Blades and Parafilm to be used in class
- 1 master mushroom culture to be used in class
- 20 agar plates made and used in class
- fresh mushrooms to clone in class
- 1 spore print
- 1 pint liquid culture jar to be made and inoculated in class
- 1 liquid culture syringe for use in class
- 1 sterile grain jar made and inoculated in class
- 1 premade mushroom spawn used to inoculate bulk substrate
- 1 bulk substrate bag made and inoculated in class
Students keep the cultures they make in class. This a 16-hour no-nonsense class.
class is limited to 8 students.
Refunds will not be given less than 2 weeks before the class.
Mushroom Growing Class
+$12.50 service fee
+$12.50 service fee0